Re: Using Debian as an Access Point?

On Friday 17 December 2004 15:10, Bruce Park wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Is there anyway to use Debian as an access point?

Yes, it's certainly possible. Get a card which supports the hostap
driver. I have some notes which you may be able to use.
<http://www.sentinel.dk/cookbook/?Wireless_cards_%2F_access_points>

Don't mind the first half of the recipe where I absolutely feel like
using the hostap driver for the non-AP nodes. Today I simply use the
orinoco driver for new nodes since this works out-of-the-box with the
Sarge installer, anyway.

Best regards,
--
Frederik Dannemare | mailto:frederik@dannemare.net