Re: Python error causes reboot

On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 12:24 +1100, Brendan Simon wrote:
> I'm writing a Python application using the wxWidgets binding and calling
> the net-snmp command line utils via popen.
>
> Often when I make a simple mistake in the python code, something goes
> horribly wrong and the machine (PowerMac running testing and
> kernel-2.6.8.1) reboots.  I'm running is user space so why does the
> whole machine die ????

This is not really enough information. Can you give an example of code
that causes this problem? Does the code cause your cpu to work too hard,
possibly tripping a hardware shutdown? I've never had this happen myself
and have been working with python and wxpython (and popen etc.) for
about 4 years.

-Mark