Re: Limiting Disck Cache

Ivan Garcia wrote:

--- Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com> escribió:
Steve Lamb wrote:

* A machine whose sole purpose is to host UMLs
being the one case I can
think
of that would require the OS to not use cache.
This is because the UMLs
themselves are caching the files thus there is no
need for the host OS to
cache the same files.
Uggh... I ran into that when experimenting with
UML's. Good lord, it hurt performance badly.
Does it mean that it's posible?

So how does it work?
In our particular case, we found that the UML's were unnecessary for our application (we were sharing a box amongst multiple people/admins and wanted to keep everyone separated from each other, but we found we could all work together).

So we yanked the UML's and just went with a single shared box and some rules about who could change what.

Nate