Re: Preserving directory sort order in mkisofs

On Thursday 16 December 2004 0726, somebody named Jean Hoderd inscribed
> Btw, the reason why I wanted to preserve the original
> order is simple: I am burning a CD with MP3s for a
> hardware player.  I wanted the tracks to appear in
> a certain order, which is not the same as the
> alphabetical order.

You could always prepend the track number to the filename -

01_NEWWAYTOBEHUMAN.mp3
02_INCOMPLETE.MP3
etc.....

That should keep it sorted alphabetically _and_ by track number. :)

NRH
--
Animals, which move, have limbs and muscles. The Earth does not have limbs
or muscles. Therefore it does not move.  - Scipio Chiaramonti