Marvell 88E8053 (Asus P5GD1) not detected by sarge installer...

I just assembled a new machine with a Asus P5GD1 Pro motherboard. This has a built-in 10/100/1000 NIC Marvell 88E8053.

I booted the machine using a usb pen with sarge-business-card-installer iso on it. It booted ok, loaded the drivers from the pen, but the installer was unable to find the network card. It showed a big list of network cards with no Marvell card on it.

Anyone has a clue on how to get this baby working?
Thanks
Joao Clemente