Re: Newbie ?'s, Start and stop SSHd?

In message <3bPFa-ph-19@gated-at.bofh.it>, Charles Read <debianlist@charlesread.com> writes
Hey everybody!

I just installed Debian and I can't figure out how to start and stop sshd. I have tried all the 'usual' stuff to no avail. Any help?

Look in the /etc/init.d directory, where the start/stop scripts live. Note that the name of the script is not the same as the daemon in all cases, though it usually is. In this case, as others have pointed out, the script is ssh, not sshd. The script for the 'named' daemon is bind9. The current exim has daemon and script both called exim4. Look first.
--
Joe