Re: Printing to smb shared printer on windows network

Vikas B N(vikas_bn@infosys.com) is reported to have said:
> Hi All,
>
>  I am running debian sid at office. However, the only
>  thing that I havent yet got to work is printing over
>  the network.
>
>  My requirement is to print to a printer which is
>  smb shared. I have googled around. I know that the
>  printing works from Linux because previously I ran
>  Mandrake and it had a GUI tool where setting it up
>  was easy.
>
>  The resources that I have found till now are either
>  very cryptic or didn't serve my purpose. Does anybody
>  have experience in such a setup or is there a how-to
>  that I failed to turn up? Any help appreciated.

Vikas

  If you have Cups installed it is a breeze to get printing to a
windows printer setup.  It takes less then 2 minutes to configure it
in cups and just works.  The only part I had trouble with was the
address format of the win printer, which I found by googleing and
reading the cups docs.

>From my Cups Printer setup:
Device: Windows printer via Samba
Device URL: smb://winme/Epson  (the Windows Box/The printer )

Hope this helps

Wayne
--
Scheduled Release Date: A carefully calculated date determined by
estimating the actual shipping date and subtracting six months from it.