Re: Problem with mii-tool...

Norbert Gruener wrote:
Hi all,

I have a "Samsung X10plus" laptop with the builtin ethernet interface
"Broadcom 4400 10/100BaseT".  I am running the "Sarge" snapshot from
Dec 5th.

I have my laptop connected to the ethernet before I start booting.
After I had booted my system I submit the command

        "mii-tool eth0"

and the respond is

   No MIT transceiver present.

I tried it, and my machine exhibits exactly the same behavior (with kernel 2.6.8-1-686). I don't know what's causing it.

Anyway, I installed laptop-net for automatically starting the network, and it seems to work just fine.

--
"Codito ergo sum"
Roel Schroeven