Re: upgrading kernel automagically

Ron Farrer wrote:

On Wed, December 15, 2004 13:18, Ron Johnson said:
On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 14:49 -0500, Jeremy Brown wrote:
I noticed that even if new versions of the kernel are available in the
Debian repository, "apt-get update; apt-get upgrade" won't retrieve
them.

Is there any way I can have apt check to see if a new kernel version is
available and if so, obtain it?
If you mean, "upgrade from 2.6.8 to 2.6.9", then you are right:
apt-get will not retrieve them, since they are 2 separate packages.
Of course, any new versions of your installed kernel will get
automatically installed.

Sorry I missed the original... If you install the package
"kernel-image-2.6-386" or "kernel-image-2.6-686" etc. (try "apt-cache
search kernel-image-2.6" for a full listing) you will get this behavior.
This package depends on the latest kernel in a series.
Thanks, that was what I was looking for.

I want my system that tracks testing to always be using the latest 2.6 release.

Jeremy