Re: Simple Email Server?

On Wednesday 15 December 2004 09:44 am, David Baron wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 December 2004 16:48,
>
> debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org wrote:
> > > What need I set to get exim4 to receive messages to my domain (dynamic)
> > > directly?
> >
> > Basically just 'apt-get install exim4'.
> >
> > Have a look at this article:
> > http://www.trekweb.com/~jasonb/articles/exim4_courier/exim4.html
> > (It's a bit of text but really very simple)
>
> I have exim4 working fine. I now get email through fetchmail from
> providers, use procmail to check with spamassassin and clamav, have system
> filter, etc., etc. Outgoing mail is handled by exim4 smarthosting to my
> provider (or directly to the provider from kmail).
>
> The article is quite good. A static domain is simple.
>
> I have a dynamic IP. This is what I need to configure.

You might want to look at a dynamic dns outfit such as no-ip.com, dyndns.org,
etc.  You can sign up for a domain and use something like ddclient (in
Debian) to send your new ip number to the dns company you are using.  You
should be able to configure exim to use your domain name as registered even
with a dynamic ip.

John