Re: Need help with NetInstall on Compac Presario 1200 (Solved)

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 07:29:59PM -0800, James Vahn wrote:
> Paul Condon wrote:
> > Everything seems to happen normally when the netinstall CD is in
> > use. Discover seems to do its thing. Normal mode and expert mode both
> > work as I would expect from privious work. But when I remove the CD
> > and reboot, the boot process hangs. The last line in the progress
> > report is:
> >
> > ac97_codec: AC97 Audio codec, id: ADS64 (Analog Devices AD1881)
>
> The drivers announce themselves AFTER they are loaded. That means whatever
> comes next is your culprit, not the sound driver.
>
> Can you boot into single user mode?  (boot: linux single)
> I suspect the USB drivers might be the real problem.

You are correct about sound not being the problem.
Also, about USB, I think, maybe.
Anyway forcing installer to try to install all various
net, pcmcia, usb, and hot-plug modules, got me past the
problem. Only issue is, were all these forces necessary,
or was it just one or two. It would be tedious to rerun
the install with various deletions from the list, so I
have not.

Thanks for the help.

--
Paul E Condon