Re: gifsicle

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 03:31:55PM +0100, Hans Gubitz wrote:
> Hallo, gifsicle is still in stable, but neither in testing nor in sid.
>
> Is there a similar small tool in testing to produce animated gifs?

I expect they took it out because it's illegal to produce normal compressed
gifs without a licence from unisys.  So I would guess there is no similar
alternative software in Debian either.  You can always install it yourself from
source or whatever.

Does gimp in sarge write LZW compressed gifs?
(it says "Replaces: ...  gimp-nonfree" in the package description)

apparently people use gimp to make animated gifs,
search for gimp animated gifs on google for details.
I don't know what gifsicle did.