Re: force apt-get to ignore broken dependencies

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 06:23:07PM +0100, olfdur@gmx.net wrote:
> i want to have 2 different ftp servers running but apt-get refuses to install
> them due to conflicts and i don't like the idea of using dpkg for further
> package management.

What ftp servers are you trying to run together?  what are the conflicts?

I suggest try to build them from source (use apt-get source, and debuild from
devscripts) and figure out a way to avoid the conflicts.  If there's a general way to do it, perhaps you could contribute patches back to the maintainers.  If you let me know what packages have the conflicts I may be able to help.

Sam