Re: apache

On Sat, Dec 11, 2004 at 09:34:30PM +0100, Andrea Tasso wrote:
> Hi all,
> I started from an hybrid istallation, say 50% woody and the rest mainly
> sarge, and then
>
> apt-get dist-upgrade
>
> but from apache post-install (1.3.33-2) I got
>
> Unpacking replacement apache ...
> Setting up apache (1.3.33-2) ...
> dpkg: error processing apache (--install):
> subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
> apache

No other output?  At least I'd expect something in /var/log/apache/* ...

Failing that:  Modify /var/lib/dpkg/info/apache.postinst to have
debugging by adding a "set -x" somewhere close to the top (but not above
the first line). This should give you some more debug output

Hope this helps

--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com   http://karl.jorgensen.com