Re: Re: woody support

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 07:30 -0700, mickeydog wrote:
> >>Sarge is 3.1.
> >>http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/
> Thanks.
> 15 CDs???
> I was a little overwhelmed that woody was 7...now 15
> It seems like the other linux's are 3 or 4.
> Why so many?

How else would you get 16,000+ packages onto CD?

Woody, was ~7800?? I believe. Kinda makes sense, double the number of
packages overall, double(+) the number of CDs.

The other distros have NOWHERE NEAR the flexibility Debian does.
Therefore the Disruptive Evolution of Debian causes a very heavy growth.

Just think if nobody actually stopped packaging all the things they
did/used to. Or even better, how about Debian Packaging everything
available, FOSS that is (yes even the non-DFSG stuff) we might get to
200K+ of packages if that were the case.

Scary huh?
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is