Re: Partition Resizing

Dnia 13-12-2004 10:56,Francois Cerbelle napisał:
> Le Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 08:57:20AM +0200, David Baron ecrit :
>> On Monday 13 December 2004 06:33, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org
>> wrote:
>> > I suggest you to download the Knoppix CD and use QTparted which is
>> > some sort of PartitionMagic clone.
>>
>> Back it up first.
>> PartitionMagic, if it does not complain about the partitions, will
>> usually do just fine. QTparted is a very dangerous program.
>> Back it up first!
>
> Did you have some bad experiences with it ? Due to the program or to
> the usage ?

I have had, but it was rather the occurence of: "user has generated an
error blah blah blah" ;-) I've created and formated the partition using
qtparted. My fault, I haven't check it with fstab; qtparted has formated
my /home partition instead of the new created.

Another issue: with qtparted you cannot do all these move/resize things
you can do with parted (AFAIR I couldn't move ext2 partitions).

BTW, qtparted/parted did not work with ext3, I needed to remove journal
first (tune2fs -O ^has_journal /dev/hdaX ).
--
misiek
***  Michal R. Hoffmann        |    <mailto:misiek@knm.org.pl>      ***