Re: Driver for Motherboard with SiS 620 video chipset and HT8338A/PCI sound

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:30:06 -0400, lestera.mtz@infomed.sld.cu
<lestera.mtz@infomed.sld.cu> wrote:
> Hi
>
>         I've got a PC with a fairly recent motherboard: a Slot 1 M748mr. This
> MB is a real pizza with everything on it, which is my problem. I have
> installed slink without too much trouble except two difficulties for which,
> after over a week of tentatives, I would like some guidance: video and sound.

Slink is a very old Debian release, archaic would be a better
description. I think SIS 620 is supported at least by the Woody
version of X, and probably the same is for your sound card with ALSA
(i've not checked tho).

Another point to try a "fresher" Debian version is that you have no
security update for Slink...

Andrea