Re: Forward all mail in mbox to new email address

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 04:47:07PM -0800, ThanhVu Nguyen wrote:
> I have a large number of emails stored in a mbox file
> and I read these mails from mutt.  I'd like to forward
> *each* one of them to a new email address (not as a
> big attachment).  I can forward one by one manually
> but I am looking for a way that automates this
> process. Anyone can help me out here ?

 After creating some rule with procmail, the existing mbox can be
   processed as follows:

1. cd Mail
# or the directory where mbox or the mail is
2. mv mbox xyz
# this prevents problems, since the rule may send some email to mbox,
# that is, most likely it will
3. cat xyz | formail -s procmail
# See man formail, man procmailrc, man procmail, etc.

Example of recipe:

:0
* ^TO_nguyen@thismachine\.org
{