Re: About to take the plunge, one last nit

On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 21:11 -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
>      Well in a mass of recent Linux installs to get City of Heroes working
> under Cedega I ended up pooching my Win2k install.  The data is still there
> but it just won't boot in spite of all my recovery attempts.  Of course I was
> working on CoH under Cedega so I could consider dropping Win2k from the
> machine.  In the end swapping out my newer ATI card for my older nVidia card
> did the trick so I now can move that much closer to a Linux full time desktop.
>
>      I'm currently looking at a 50Gb/10Gb split Win2k/Linux.  I'd like to make
> that all Linux as I couldn't think of anything that I still used Windows for
> aside from gaming.  If there was anything I have Codeweavers' Crossoffice to
> try to take care of it.  Then my wife asked the one question that threw it all
> into doubt, "What about those videos you burn"?
>
>      Er....  Ok.  Under Ubuntu earlier today I was burning data ISOs with ease
> (1 Debian, 2 Progeny Debian) but I had never looked into burning videos.
> Anyone know of something simple like Nero which takes in videos, decodes 'em
> and spits em onto a CD?  Right now I'm not seeing a lot of neat prospects.  :(
> Does anyone know of any?

dvdrip
acidrip
ripmake
cpdvd  (on ftp://ftp.nerim.net)
lsdvd  (on ftp://ftp.nerim.net)
dvdbackup
dvdrtools

For a straight DVD-to-xvid ripping, attached is the script I use.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

An ad run by the NEA (the US's biggest public school TEACHERS
UNION) in the Spring and Summer of 2003 asks a teenager if he can
find sodium and *chloride* in the periodic table of the elements.
And they wonder why people think public schools suck...