Re: colors in the Debian console /services

> Anyway, I'm a bit desapointed that I don't have all these nice colors available
> with "ls" or in a Emacs Java mode, for example, whereas the ugly orange and
> green dressing of Aptitude just works fine. It would make my links sessions
> easier as well !
> Any idea where to configure this ?

look at your .bashrc file for the ls colors, uncomment appropriate
lines.

look at .bash_profile to get your .bashrc sourced for non login shells.

> Another question: how do "services" and, well, basically daemons, work under
> Debian ? You know, I was used to those sweet "service dhcpd restart", "service
> --status-all" from the Redhat family and it seems to be slightly different
> there.

replace "service " with "/etc/init.d/" (use a fully quantified path)

example: /etc/init.d/dhcpd restart

--
matt zagrabelny