Re: Learning GTK+ proramming under Debian

Michael Madden wrote:
What resource(s) would you recommend to someone who's new to GUI programming
and would like to learn GTK+ development under Debian Woody/Sarge?  I've
messed around with Motif and Xlib in the past on HP-UX and Solaris, but GTK+ or Qt seem more acceptable under Linux. Maybe there's a recommended book or online resource to learning GTK+?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

I use Qt. It is easy to learn with lots of examples and a very good online documentation. Some examples:
http://esquipulas.homeunix.com/index.php?p=72
Caveat: it's c++, which is handy, especially with STL.

Am about to embark on a Qt app that will design a font for GPC-Qt. It came with the original DOS package, don't have that anymore.
HTH
H.