Re: Question about debian with HP/Compaq ML350G4

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 10:39 +0200, Jiihoo Lehtonen wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We are buying a new server for web use and have decided it'll be the ML350
> (with SA641 Raid). I'm just wondering if it's hardware will work fine with
> Debian Linux? Has anyone any thoughts about this, some experience or
> anything..? Either good or bad news? :)
>

> With regards,
> Juha

Hi Juha,

We use HP Compaq primarily where I work, and I've successfully loaded
Sarge on an ML350 G3 with a SA631 controller, but haven't had a G4 to
check yet.

It was only a quick install, but it seemed to pick up everything ok.

Didn't try XFree86 of course as it's a server, but the RAID 5 on the
SmartArray was fine.

At the moment, we're going through the install of Sarge on an ML310 with
an Adaptec 2410SA controller, and the only issue I had was firmware on
the controller and now figuring out how to monitor the array.

Pete