Re: Cloning a workstation

I've been looking into doing the same thing at my office.  After
researching a bit, Partimage sounded like a nifty program
(http://partimage.org/).  I havn't tried it yet, but everything I've
read about it sounded promising.

I believe, however, that the project is dead.  There hasn't been an
update in quite a few months.  I contacted the package maintainer and
they said they hadn't heard from the developers in a while and
believed the project was dieing.  However, they said the program is
very useable and works quite well in most cases.

Seems like dd would be an option too?  I don't have a lot of
experience with dd, but it seems like a pretty powerful program.  You
could use dd to create an image of your drive.  Boot up the clone
computer with a knoppix or some other "rescue disk".  Then use dd to
write the image from over the network to your new clone.  Again, I
havn't done it before but it seems reasonable.  Anyone else have any
ideas?

Ben