Re: Command line network monitoring tool

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 04:40:28PM -0600, Jacob S wrote:

> Sounds like you had a different problem with your system that you didn't
> notice until you tried to install nagios-common.
>
> I am running Sarge, not sid, and I didn't actually complete the install,
> but running "apt-get install nagios-common" and "apt-get install
> nagios-common nagios-text" did not make apt report any packages that it
> would be removing.
>
> If you could post some additional details I am sure it would be helpful
> to the Debian developers, as that's obviously not what packages are
> "supposed to do".
>
> HTH,
> Jacob

//

i wish i could.  it all happened so innocently
that it looked like a regular package intall,
until things started being removed.

i'll get out the sarge cd in a few minutes, re-
install, and point my "sources.list" back to
_sid_.  i'd take much more than this to keep me
away.  ...been using sid for the last 4 years
and this was my first hiccup.

thx.

b.

//