Re: OT: Debian Jobs / Consulting

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Guy Koehler wrote:

> Is there a listserv that focuses on Linux (Debian) jobs, consulting
> opportunities?

jobs are there .. if you're willing to travel to get there

more jobs are available if you're willing to take huge pay cuts

> How many of you are earning your income working with Linux? with Debian? If
> so, what do you specialize in?

100% of our time is independent linux work ...
( ie.. permanently unemployed until the next contract rolls around :-)

maybe 1% is debian related ...

> I write C/C++ (always worked with Win / Mac up till now). Am installing
> Debian on a new machine, and am researching what and where the markets for
> Linux are. I am not a recruiter or anything like that, just an individual
> looking into the future.

the more you know .. the better .... it cant hurt ...
	- it also helps that you worked at large corps so you know
	end of the world too
	( ibm, hp, intel, amd, ... )

c ya
alvin