Re: install question (P3 and P4)

Hi,

I don't have any experience with that particular setup (P3 to P4), but I would bet you a nickel that everything will work fine. You will be installing the "i386" version of debian, which should work equivalently on everything from 386 on up, which certainly includes both P3 and P4 processors.

Go for it.

Cheers,
dstn.

hi there...im about to install debian testing onto a box here. Its faily urgent that i get this up and running (like today), but my new P4 motherboard wont turn up until tomorrow... I have a P3 type motherboard... my question is:

If i install into my system, with the P3 and P3 motherboard, what will happen if i put my P4 and P4 motherboard in later?

The system uses all the same CD/LAN/HD etc.