Re: Running solfege under Sarge

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 01:23:36PM +1100, Lex Hider wrote:
> If anyone can get solfege [music ear training software from universe]
> working with Sarge, can they please inform me on how to do it.

I tried it on my Gentoo box, didn't use Sarge, but it should be the same.

For starters, make sure you've installed timidity and a patch-set,
and make sure that timidity works by playing some midi file.

Fire up solfege, go to the sound setup thing, select "use external midiplayer"
and put in "timidity %s".

then click "apply", and then click "sound test".

I couldn't get it working for a while because I clicked "sound test" before
"apply", in spite of their warning!  it's kind of anti-intuitive.

This should work, unless solfege got broken somehow in Sarge.

Sam