Re: installing woody 3.0r2 on HP Proliant DL140

On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 00:38 -0800, HXD wrote:
> Hi,
>      I download  woody 3.0r2 (created CD) for i386 processor since
> server is running on Xeon chip (is this correct?) After installation
> is completed and system is rebooted, I only get the following msg:
>
> "LILO 2.22 Loading linux."
>

> and the system hangs. Is anyone experiencing this as well. If anyone
> has successfully installed this version on same server type (HP
> Proliant DL140) and have some tips, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Not knowing the peculiarities of the DL140, the standard answer
here is, "Use Sarge.  It's much more advanced than Woody, seeing
as how Woody is 2+ years old."

Yes, it's not released yet, but it's "close enough".

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"A great many open minds should be closed for repairs."
Toledo Blade Newspaper