Re: Cannot display with 1024x768 res

jack kinnon wrote:

Hi folks,
This is an old problem that I can coming back to. I
have not been able to select a res of 1024x768 for the
display. If I select this res, the system will not
boot into graphics mode. This is not a lack of memory
problem for sure because I can use it under Win XP.

I am running 'stable'. Could this be the problem?
Possibly; it might be that the driver in "stable" is not as adequate as the driver in "testing" or "sid". But I doubt this is the case.

Instead, I suspect you're overdriving the number of colors. Run "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86" and drop the color depth to the next lower level, and try again.

BTW, how much RAM is on your video system?

--
Kent