From:    root <root@systemname>

Subject: [SNORT] systemname
 daily report

The log begins from:   ::
The log ends     at:   ::
Total events: 0
Signatures recorded: 0
Source IP recorded: 0
Destination IP recorded: 0

The number of attacks from same host to same
destination using same method
  # of
 attacks  from              to                method

Percentage and number of attacks from a host to a
destination
        #  of
  %    attacks   from              to

Percentage and number of attacks from one host to any
with same method
        #  of
  %    attacks   from              method

Percentage and number of attacks to one certain host
        #  of
  %    attacks   to                method

The distribution of attack methods
        #  of
  %    attacks   method

End of example ---------------------------------------------------

	I installed snort by using dselect and it is looking for all
the standard attack signatures that come with the distribution.  I
certainly don't want trouble, but I think I am missing activity that
is going on.  The network it is sniffing is the correct network for my
installation and, in the past, I saw traffic when using that
definition so I am not sure what is going on.

	Any constructive ideas are welcome.

	By the way, this particular message is not coming from
the system in question.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Information Technology Division Network Operations Group