Re: Audio streaming

Gabriel Granger wrote:

I'm want some audio files to be streamed from my webserver. I'm not after a playlist, I really just was the ability to stream audio so when someone click on a audio on my webserver it will stream rather then download and play. I'm looking into mod_mp3 for apache but i looks complicated to setup with loads of different perl modules needed. Has anyone used this or can recommend something which be set up easily and be accessible via my website.

Many thanks

Gabe Granger

For something simplistic, use mod-music index. For me, installation required adding about 15 lines to httpd.conf (mostly copied from /usr/share/doc/libapache-mod-musicindex/example), and copying a musicindex directory with images to a [www] root directory. It displays a mix of directories and tag information. (Optionally, it can be used alongside icecast if you wish to also install and configure icecast.)

mod-mp3 is apt-gettable: libapache-mod-mp3
(musicindex seems to be a fork of mod::mp3)

Package: libapache-mod-musicindex | libapache2-mod-musicindex

Description: Browse, stream, download and search through MP3/Ogg files mod_musicindex is aimed at being a C implementation of the Perl module Apache::MP3 (http://search.cpan.org/dist/Apache-MP3/). It allows nice displaying of directories containing MP3 or Ogg Vorbis and FLAC files, including sorting them on various fields, streaming/downloading them, constructing playlists and searching.