Re: cue2wav

Roberto Winter wrote:

Hi all,

I recently ran across some cue+mpc files and found out that there is
no program on debian to burn them to disc. This is why I made a
(fairly poor, I admit) script to be able to get the information from
the cue file and split the mpc file into wavs so that I could record
them using, say, cdrecord. The script, and more info, can be found at
my wiki:

http://haydn.homelinux.com/wiki/index.php/Cue2wav

There is also a debian package available!!! Feedback is welcomed. The
script is free.

Roberto

(if you want to reply to this message, please include my email on cc
or bcc, since I don't currently subscribe to the debian-users list)

Thanks; that is one less step than my process (though, rather than splitting mpc files, I am splitting the output of cdrdoa and cdparanoia):
1) using checkinstall, I made packages from
cuetools
shntool
(I do not remember the links to their websites)

2) created a script that would split the output of cdrdao
(called with cdrdao read-toc --with-cddb --device 1,0,0 --driver generic-mmc --datafile cd.wav cd.toc)
and cdparanoia (cd.wav):
#!/bin/sh

#cueconvert -f cd.toc -f cd.cue; needed: remove top line from cd.cue
shnsplit cd.wav < cd.cue
cuerename -v -o strict="\ \-",template='%n - %t%.%F' -f cd.toc split-track???.wav
#cuerename -f cd.toc split-track???.wav