Re: Keyboard keys

well
first I would use "xev" to see what events are triggerd when you press the keys that don't give the character they are supposed to print. then build your own .Xmodmap file and test it with "xmodmap .Xmodmap" .
when you are satisfied write at the beginning of your .xinitrs and/or .xsession file the line
"xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap"

AND DON'T USE KDM to log in because this program ignores the preferences in ~/.Xdefaults ~/.Xmodmap and so on.
This is the reason why I use GDM although no gnome is installed.
If anyone knows how to tell kdm to use user settings please let me know!

Thomas