Re: StarOffice 7

On 2004-12-01, tjm3 <tmollica@silcom.com> wrote:

> Just making sure that the installation was correct.  It is a
> blank window, not an empty document.  Seems like Sun would at
> least put some sort of logo here or provide an option to start
> the application with a empty default document of my choice.

That's what happens with my OpenOffice.org when i start it with 'ooffice'.
If I launch a specific application (say, 'oowriter' or 'oocalc') without
specifying a filename, an empty document is created. So, you could create
launchers for the individual apps instead of the generic 'soffice'.

--
Juha Siltala
http://www.edu.helsinki.fi/activity/people/jsiltala/