Re: Where is the modversions.h in 2.6.9 kernel?

Collet Brunel wrote:
I recently downloaded the 2.6.9 kernel-source package
from debian repository and tried to compile it on my
wood y system. I followed the general instructions..
go to the src, make menuconfig and the make-kpkg
--initrd kernel_image.. Also did make-kpkg
kernel_headers to generate a headers package...
Installed them through dpkg -i.. however I noticed
that the modversions.h file is missing! And I need
that to compile some extra modules like the nvidia
module (I own a GeForce 4 MX440). Why it isn't there?
Is there a specific configuration at menuconfig that I
missed? Or the modversions.h doesn't exist anymore on
2.6.9 kernel? Please help me!

Now the 2.6.9 kernel-source package is in unstable and you are in woody.

I note the former depends e.g. libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-4) and you should have binutils (2.12.90.0.1-4).

I think you should upgrade to Sarge first and then go to kernel 2.6.9

What is the reason you are staying in Woody and going to kernel 2.6.9?

H.