Re: rescue disk

Thanks a lot for your help.

> if you have a bootable disk with chroot, you can run the mkrescue (or
> maybe mkboot for a bootdisk). I usually use knoppix.
Unfortunately i haven't exactly understood the procedure. Do i need
knoppix? I have the installation cd of sarge.

> Is a bootable rescue CD OK? mkrescue is part of Lilo and creates either
> floppies or CD with "mkrescue --iso", which iso your burn with cdrecord.
I am using Grub not Lilo

> I modified mkrescue --iso, which is a script, to come up with a menu
> that actually says which partition is going to boot, rather than "Linux".
> Booting that CD gives you the option of using the partition you ran
> mkrescue from or what is on the MBR ("harddisk").
What is mkrescue?

Excuse me, i'm very confused and i'm trying to understand the
procedure so that i fix the problem. Thanks a lot for your feedback

--
George Iordanou <iordanou@gmail.com>
Blog: www.livejournal.com/users/georgis

The life which is unexamined is not worth living. -Plato