Re: TV Tuner / Sound Card issues

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 01:50:12PM -0600, Chad Davis wrote:

> How do I get the line out jack to work on the back of this pc?

A lot of those via-based onboard sound cards actually assign a dual
purpose to the line-in jack. On mine, it doubles as a line-out jack, I
think for surround sound or something. Anyway, with alsa, in order to
make it act as a line-in, I had to switch one of the mixer controls. If
I recall correctly, on mine it was the IEC958 In Select control - 0
means use the jack is line in, 1 means use it as line out.

--
Dave Carrigan
Seattle, WA, USA

Dave is currently listening to New Model Army - Lights Go Out (The Ghost Of Cain)