Re: Powerbook produces a lot more heat after kernel upgrade

On Nov 30 2004, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> This is likely to shorten the life of your old HD enough that the noise
> won't be an issue for too long.
>
> Spin-up and spin-down cycles on old equipment is *never* a good idea.

Yes, I know about this issue. I think that getting some more RAM would make
this issue go away (perhaps with truly high commit intervals, like, say,
one hour -- I would have to experiment to see if I can take such risks).

Nice that you pointed out about the start/stop cycles, though.

Thanks, Rogério Brito.

--
Learn to quote e-mails decently at:
http://pub.tsn.dk/how-to-quote.php