sendmail on debian

I have just built a sendmail box with the sarge verion of Debian, I find it is refusing connections inward but send mail out correctly. How can I get the server to accept incoming mail?

I have put lines into access with,

Connect:localhost               RELAY
Connect:130.195                 RELAY
Connect:vuw.ac.xx               RELAY

run the hash, but I get Connection refused, where else & what else is there to edit to get sendmail to accept incoming mail?

Any useable docs for this new sarge version? the std access file has lots of fancy stuff that I might just rip out as I lack docos to try and figure out what they do....might be neat but to complex....

thanks

Steven
aka thing