Installation List of Packages [Security]

In the Debian installation package list, some of the packages have the tag
[security] next to them. Does that mean that the package has security
problems, or that it is a release from the security team? I have been unable
to find an online FAQ that explains this. I'm also wondering what exactly
the security issue is/ was. [Linking the term "security" on the web page,
to the specific answer for that package, would be very useful]

For example,

http://packages.debian.org/stable/mail/

getmail (2.3.7-2) [security]
POP3, APOP mail gatherer/forwarder.