Re: Burning Fedora CD's

On Saturday 27 November 2004 05:20, Shawn McCuan wrote:
> What do I have to do to get cd burning enabled on my system? The burning
> programs arent detecting that I even have a burner....what should I do?
>
> (Im a newblet - sorry)

Need some more details

1) What cd burner do you actually have, and how is it connected to your
computer
2) What version of linux are you running - run dmesg (or look in syslog) and
copy here the detection message from the operating system of your burner
during boot.
3) What program are you using to try and burn a cd, and how do you know it
can't detect your burner
4) What version of debian are you running (woody/sarge/unstable) and what
version of cdrtools are you using (most burner programs rely on cdrecord
which is in this package)

With this info, maybe someone here can help you.

--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk