Re: Firefox 1.0, mailto, and mutt

I asked earlier:

|> I used mozex with earlier versions of Firefox to bring up mutt in
|> response to clicking on mailto links.
|>
|> Does anyone know of a way of doing this also with Firefox 1.0?

Thanks very much indeed to all who responded. I ended up using the
`launchy' extension. This proved troublesome at first because every
effort to use it failed with the error:

ExtensionsManager: _updateManifests: no access privileges to
application directory, skipping

Google revealed a number of queries about this error, but no consistent
way of solving it (that I could find, at least).

However, when I upgraded to the version of firefox in unstable, the
launchy extension worked as advertised, and the error disappeared.

The `launchy' extension seems more geared towards a Windows environment
(in that it automatically detects and configures certain clients). For
Linux, you have to edit a file `launchy.xml' in:

~USER/.firefox/default/XXXXX.slt/chrome/

but the instructions on how to do this are clear, and there are good
examples to follow.

Thanks once more to all who offered help,

Jim