Re: combining mp3s

Patrick Wiseman wrote:
On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 16:02:29 -0500, Rick Pasotto <rick@niof.net> wrote:

I have serveral mp3s that really should be a single file. What program
should I use to combine them?

I've had success with a simple 'cat file1.mp3 file2.mp3 > file3.mp3',
but I'm sure there's something wrong with that!

Patrick

Well.. considering many players can play uncompressed RAR files with a bunch of mp3s in them, it's not surprising that this works. Though certainly the result doesn't follow the mp3 standard; it won't have correct headers at the beginning and will have extra headers in the middle of the file.

Michael Spang