My CDROM/CDRW not fully working in Debian

Hi,

I've searched on the net, and it seems that it's only me having this
problem -- my cdrom/cdrm is not fully working:

I've noticed long time before that my eject command is not working
properly:

$ eject
eject: unable to eject, last error: Inappropriate ioctl for device

The result is same for both normal user and root.

Today, I've found out that my "cdrecord -msinfo" is not working.
Strangely, the "cdrecord -toc" command is working fine:

$ cdrecord -msinfo
cdrecord: Drive needs to reload the media to return to proper status.
cdrecord: Input/output error. read track info: scsi sendcmd: no error
CDB:  52 01 00 00 00 FF 00 00 1C 00
status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
Sense Bytes: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 30 06 00 00
Sense Key: 0x5 Illegal Request, Segment 0
Sense Code: 0x30 Qual 0x06 (cannot format medium - incompatible medium) Fru 0x0
Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 240s
cdrecord: Cannot get next writable address for 'invisible' track.
cdrecord: This means that we are checking recorded media.
cdrecord: This media cannot be written in streaming mode anymore.
cdrecord: If you like to write to 'preformatted' RW media, try to blank the media first.
cdrecord: Cannot read first writable address

$ cdrecord -toc
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01a34 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 Jörg Schilling
NOTE: this version of cdrecord is an inofficial (modified) release of cdrecord
      and thus may have bugs that are not present in the original version.
      Please send bug reports and support requests to <cdrtools@packages.debian.org>.
      The original author should not be bothered with problems of this version.

scsidev: '0,0,0'
scsibus: 0 target: 0 lun: 0
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.25
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 0
Response Format: 2
Capabilities   :
Vendor_info    : 'SONY    '
Identifikation : 'CD-RW  CRX195E1 '
Revision       : 'ZYS5'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc CD-RW.
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc   CD-R/CD-RW driver (mmc_cdr).
Driver flags   : MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE FORCESPEED
Supported modes: TAO PACKET SAO SAO/R96P SAO/R96R RAW/R16 RAW/R96P RAW/R96R
first: 1 last 1
track:   1 lba:         0 (        0) 00:02:00 adr: 1 control: 4 mode: 2
track:lout lba:    357394 (  1429576) 79:27:19 adr: 1 control: 4 mode: -1

I can bear with the fact that eject not working, but not the "cdrecord
-msinfo" -- I can't write multi-session to my CDR any more.

I know it is a weired problem. Please spend some time and think it over
for me, because I have no clue what could be wrong. Things has always been
working out of box for me for other distros.

FYI, I installed the SCSI simulation after noticing that "cdrecord
-scanbus" not working after freshly install Debian, but I've forgot how
I did it, so that I can't get back and try ATAPI...

Thanks a lot for your help.

tong

PS, I'm using Debian testing, 2.4.25-1-386. My kernel drivers:

$ lsmod | grep -Ei 'scsi|ide|cd'
ide-scsi                8464   1
scsi_mod               85312   3  [sg sd_mod ide-scsi]
ide-cd                 27936   0
cdrom                  25056   0  [ide-cd]
ide-detect               288   0  (autoclean) (unused)
ide-disk               12512  12  (autoclean)
ide-core               94108  12  (autoclean) [ide-scsi ide-cd ide-detect sis5513 ide-disk]