Re: =?iso-8859-1?Q?variable=3DStrart=5FProgramPID =3F=3F?=

Thanks,

You are right it is $! but my question that this throws up, is, if when
running x scripts the $! could return at some time the pid of a wrong command.
What I mean:
Imagine having two scripts (I know ls and df don't run long enough, it is just
used as an example):
1.)
ls
pid1s=$!
kill $pid1s

2.)
df
piddf=$!
kill $piddf

Now could it ever happen, if there would run really many of these scripts,
that you could end up with something like this:
df
pidls=$!

??

(Now I am using "pkill -f" for my scipt)

Pir

---
Alles Kaufen und Verkaufen! eBay.at - der eigene Marktplatz für Österreich.
http://www.austronaut.at/ebay.php