how to check temperature on my desktop

Just wondering how to check temperature on my desktop. On a laptop I use "acpi -V" to see the temperaute.

I was checking my desktop's(running Debian Sarge and kernel 2.6.9) motherboard's specs and notice it could be supporting temperature sensors. However, the boot log in /var/log/sys shows:

ACPI: Processor [CPU] (supports C1)
ACPI: Power Button (FF) [PWRF]

and those are the only two lines containing ACPI. What does mean?

I have these modules loaded:
thermal
fan
button
processor
ac
battery

In /proc/acpi the following directories are emtpy(didn't check the others):
thermal_zone
fan
ac_adapter
and others

This is what I get when I try to get information:
$> acpi -V
No support for device type: thermal

So, how do I go about checking my CPU's(see below) temperature? And how do I confirm that my desktop really supports temperature reading?

thanks,
->HS

PS:
> cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 1
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.90GHz
stepping        : 2
cpu MHz         : 1917.206
cache size      : 256 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm
bogomips        : 3801.08