Re: dselect problems

Giorgio Raccanelli wrote:
Hello,

I'm in trouble using dselect. I've just installed Debian Woody 3.0r3 i386 and I'm trying to add some package to my system. Using dselect I make the selection and then I hit Return. I'm warned about the dependencies. I press space and I see the dependency list. From what I understood from the dselect manual, if I'm happy with the selection made by the system I can simply hit Return and I should be fine. But, in my case, this is not happening. When I press Return I'm told about the dependencies again. Therefore, after seeing the dependency list again I press Return for accepting. And again, I'm warned of dependencies and so on! So far, I've been able to install only mc, but to do it I had to press Q instead of Return (which mean I forced the system to accept my selection): this shouldn't be the solution.
Do you have any hint?
Thank you

Giorgio Raccanelli

dselect will not allow you to continue if you ask it to do something impossible; there's likely a conflict which it prompts you to resolve.

Michael Spang