Re: Re: Compiling the kernel

OK, I've tried recompiling 2.6.9 with the various options I think I want, setting some items as modules and so on. make-kpkg runs for ages, lots of screen output (lists of files or modules with CC next to them, etc) and then I get lots of "unrecognised symbol" errors (I think that's what it said). It fails to produce a deb file, presumably as a result. I'm using commands (as root):
make menuconfig
make dep
make-kpkg clean
make-kpkg revision=custom1.0 kernel_image What might the problem be? And/or, how can I track it down?
- Joe