Re: MBR problem

Punit Ahluwalia wrote:

I installed grub to /dev/hdc2 which is also /root. This is not a dual boot. It is plain
and simple "Woody".

How do I install grub to the MBR?
you must start grub, either from in a working linux or by booting directly into grub.
from the grub command line:
$ root = hd(x,y) /* where x is the num of the hd and y is the num of the partition (both zero based)*/
try tab completion if you are unsure
root is not your kernel location, it it the grub root, or where the grub install images are located
from you message above I think it would be hd(2,1).

then to write to the MBR,
$ setup hd(x,y)

and that's it!