Re: clock oddity

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 09:20:35 +0000
Anthony Campbell <ac@acampbell.org.uk> wrote:

> On 22 Nov 2004, richard@the-place.net wrote:
> > I've been reading man pages of hwclock, xclock, adjtime, and so on,
> > but cannot see how to adjust the time shown on teh icewm clock,
> > which is steadfastly 56 minutes ahead of the hwclock (which is set
> > reasonably correct).  Which utility controls this?

These four steps should do everything:

  1) tzconfig or tzsetup (set time zone)
  2) date MMDDHHmmCCYY (change the date & time)
  3) hwclock --localtime (set hardware clock to localtime)
  4) hwclock --systohc (set system time to hardware clock)

Of course, restart icewm after you've done all that.

regards,
Robert